Have you heard of a postpartum doula but aren’t sure exactly what it’s all about? Head over to our Postpartum Doula FAQ page to get up to speed!
Family-centered support, no strings attached.
Baby is here, and now the real work of parenting has begun! In a society where new moms often take the backseat, Doulas of Memphis is here to care for you while you find your new normal. We do more than help with baby care or give you a chance to sleep and shower — we adapt to your unique parenting style and provide you with unconditional support as you navigate early parenthood. Our postpartum doulas and newborn care specialists help you become the expert on your baby, and we’re here to fill in any gaps along the way. You’ve got this, and we’ve got you!
Peace of mind, anytime.
Our newborn care specialists and postpartum doulas are available to support your family day or night. We understand that some families are apprehensive about trusting a stranger with their baby and home- when you hire Doulas of Memphis, you can be certain that you are getting someone who is experienced and knowledgeable about newborns, babies, and the postpartum period. All of our affiliated newborn care specialists and postpartum doulas are trained, insured, CPR certified, and hand-selected by us to work with your family.
Here’s how we can help:
- Feeding— help with breastfeeding, formula feeding, pumping, bottle feeding
- Help with household tasks
- Meal preparation
- Running errands
- Helping siblings adjust
- Baby care while you sleep, shower, or care for yourself
- Overnight care
- Continuity of care- All of our doulas are well-versed in normal postpartum recovery
- Referrals — pediatricians, local groups, maternal mental health
- Knowledge about all things baby, including diapering, sleep, reading baby’s cues
- Time alone to reconnect with your partner
Newborn care specialist and postpartum doula rates from $27-29 per hour based on packages purchased. Contact us for a custom quote!
Sound like a dream come true? Well, it is!